Sunday, September 01, 2019 - Thursday, October 10, 2019
“My house will be called
a HOUSE OF PRAYER
for all nations.”
Beginning Sunday, September 1, the Restoration family begins a 40 Day Prayer Challenge. Together we will seek God's face and God's hand. We are so excited to see what God will do in each of our lives as we press into prayer and intimacy with Him. Boldly ask how He would have you raise the level of prayer during the 40 days. Don't miss out on the opportunity! We've listed a few ideas for you to consider as we begin this journey together:
TIME WITH GOD
- Spend unhurried time with God daily.
- Pray through the Bible asking God what He wants you to know about what you read.
START TO YOUR DAY
- Practice gratitude. Let your first waking thought be of thankfulness you are a child of God and thank Him for anything else that comes to your mind.
Ask God what He wants you to know about this day?
- Ask God what He wants you to know about the schemes of the enemy in your life today?
Food (Full fast, Daniel fast, other modified food fast)
Other: social media, technology, sports, etc.
- Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala
- Prayer by Timothy Keller
- Draw the Circle: 40 Day Prayer Challenge by Mark Batterson
- When someone shares a prayer need with you, pray for them right then. Don't hesitate and miss the opportunity to pray with them!
PRAY WITH OTHERS
Family: Pray daily with your spouse and children.
Life Group: Pray together when you meet and text requests during the week.
Neighborhood: Go on a prayer walk through your neighborhood and invite friends and/or neighbors.
Ministry Leaders: Pray together as teams.
- Restoration will kick-off a monthly, First Wednesday Prayer Service on October 2 from 6:30 -8:00 pm, plan to attend!
- Attend a prayer service. WoodsEdge holds a weekly prayer service on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30 pm.
- Serve on our Intercessory Prayer Team interceding for prayer requests.
- Pray daily for the 5 ministries we support (one per week).
- As you pray, expect extraordinary God activity.
- Look for God moments throughout your day and thank Him for how He moved in those moments.
Contact Leann Francis with any questions.